The Trent Vale Landscape Partnership aims to
- Preserve and enhance the natural and built features that make up the historic landscape of the Trent Vale
- Provide opportunities for people to learn about the Trent Vale’s natural and cultural heritage
- Train local people in traditional crafts and countryside skills.
- Protect and enhance the network of public access routes.
- Conserve, enhance and celebrate the cultural identity of the Trent Vale
Our vision is to create a Trent Vale where:
- there are a variety of high quality areas for people to access and enjoy
- locals and visitors understand and embrace the distinctive character of Trent Vale
- traditional methods of landscape management and farming practices are employed to conserve and restore the rural character of the Trent Vale landscape
- there is a mosaic of different habitats which support a rich diversity of flora and fauna of national importance
- restoration of mineral extraction sites contribute to the development of varied and priority habitat rich wetland area
- there is a wide understanding of the historic environment which is celebrated through the retention of traditional skills, sensitive landscape management to conserve and enhance key heritage features, education and interpretation
- both the local community and visitors understand the evolution of the area and assist in its sustainable development
- new enterprises providing local products and developing traditional crafts are encouraged